Permanent | Job ID #72390 | $120,000 - $140,000 yearly | Posted a month ago
Onward Play's fantasy game indie studio client is in the process of developing an exciting new PC/console game with an original IP, and are seeking a skilled backend services developer to join their team. If you have the necessary experience and enjoy collaborating with a dedicated group of talented and passionate game developers, this is the perfect place for you!
- Gather requirements based on input from stakeholders.
- Provide accurate time estimates and communicate any necessary adjustments.
- Develop and maintain Python backend code that coordinates between various backend services, game servers, and game clients.
- Evaluate and interface with third-party APIs.
- Deploy, configure, test, and debug various AWS cloud services.
- Deliver clean, testable, and well-documented code.
- Fearlessly and persistently debug challenging problems.
- Extensive experience with Python.
- Ability to deploy, monitor, and debug remote services.
- Design and implementation of REST-style APIs.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, preferably MongoDB.
- Familiarity with developing in Linux environments.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud platforms.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in designing and scaling systems for high simultaneous user loads.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4.
- Understanding of C++.
- Experience working on live-service games.
- Knowledge of console platform and service development.
- Experience using TeamCity.