Permanent | Job ID #70286 | $175,000 - $180,000 yearly base | Posted 2 months ago
Onward Play is hiring a Sr. Backend Engineer to join one of our AAA game studio clients. In this role you will be responsible for various initiatives including evaluating new technology, developing and maintaining our game platform, prototyping and building functionality and tools for new and existing games in a mobile-first studio environment.
Need to have:
- Build, enhance and maintain new and existing functionality for our games (game platform, game engine, and/or client).
- Guide end-to-end code architecture in a server authoritative game environment
- Contribute to code quality via code reviews
- Contribute to game stability
- Research and assess technologies.
- Prototyping to support products, tools and processes.
- Consult with external technology providers.
- Assess internal projects for risk or opportunity.
- At least 6 years of game industry experience.
- Shipped at least 2 mobile/social title, preferably on multiple platforms.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
- Expert C# programming skills (Typescript and Lua a plus).
- Expert knowledge of Unity3d game engine (Preferably for Mobile).
- Real, hands-on experience building massively scalable server-side systems that are easy to understand and maintain
- High proficiency with REST Integrations. (Strong Websocket development a plus)
- High proficiency in server authoritative architecture development (Server and Client).
- Proficient with 3D math including linear algebra (vector math, matrices).
- Deep knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
- Deep knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
- Strong performance optimization experience
- Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to assist others in their work.
- Passion for making games.