Permanent | Job ID #71094 | $125,000 - $160,000 yearly | Posted 2 months ago
Onward Play is seeking outstanding talent Senior Network Programmer to join our studio client in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
This position specializes in specific areas of programming that center around the support of low-level network issues (ex: TCP, UDP, etc.), multiplayer engine design/architecture, PSN platform services, digital rights management, patching and digital commerce.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the game’s design to manage communication and enable early identification of issues.
- Collaborate with the production team to develop aspects of the specified game-play experience from a technical perspective.
- Provide input and/or develop the technical design and vision through all phases of the game development cycle, from pre-production through final product release.
- Maintain a clear understanding of personal task lists and project milestones to ensure set goals will be met from a scope, schedule or game-play perspective.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to managers.
- Manage requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the technical creation process with the appropriate members of the development team.
- Actively maintain skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry in specialized area of personal expertise.
- Professional experience within the game industry.
- Professional experience in network/systems programming using C/C++.
- Would consider C# or Java alternatively.
- Network architecture and low-level network protocols (ex: TCP, UDP, rUDP, etc.).
- Strong 3D Math skills.
- Strong C/C++ experience
- Strong understanding of current data structures, algorithms and methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Game console experience.
- B.S. in computer science, engineering or relevant curriculum.
- Network game development for game consoles and/or Network client application programming for embedded, desktop or mobile environments.
- Data security with untrusted clients, bandwidth optimization and packet shaping, load balancing and/or host selection in a dynamic environment.
- Security and authentication techniques like DRM, SSL/crypto, etc.
- Research new hardware platforms and related APIs.