Permanent | Job ID #70942 | $160,000 - $170,000 yearly | Posted 2 months ago
Onward Play is seeking a Senior AI Programmer to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA title. This person will be needed to architect and implement game engine code systems that are used for the creation and development of a game application. This will involve writing game code systems for the use of the animation and/or design teams for handling the creative aspects of and AI development.
- Key contributor to the development of technology as well as systems and tools that support game design needs. This includes, but is not limited to game logic, character behaviors, navigation, state-based animations selection or motion systems, scripting support, combat systems, entities systems, sound support, debugging support.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the game design to manage communication and enable early identification of issues.
- Collaborates with the production team to develop all aspects of the specified game-play experience from a technical perspective.
- Provides input into the technical design and vision through all phases of the game development cycle from pre-production through final product release. This entails ensuring products are of the highest technical quality and uphold the integrity of the game design.
- Maintains a clear understanding of personal task lists and project milestones to ensure set goals will be met from a scope, schedule, and game-play perspective.
- Clearly communicates updates and concerns to their manager.
- Manages requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the technical creation process with the appropriate members of the development team.
- Actively maintains skill set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry.
- Strong C/C++ experience.
- Strong 3d Math Skills.
- Strong understanding of current data structures, algorithms, and methodologies, including Behavior Trees and other modern AI methods.
- A wide range of game application and game engine skills (e.g., AI, and all related gameplay systems)
- Minimum 4-5 years industry experience creating AI for AAA game development.
- B.S. in computer science, engineering or equivalent
- Multiplayer experience a plus