Permanent | Job ID #70318 | $125,000 - $135,000 yearly base | Posted 2 weeks ago
Onward Play is seeking to hire a Lead Game Designer to nurture and advance the design vision for a new mobile game based on one of the hottest franchises in the world. The title is a free-to-play social strategy game in early development with ample opportunity for ownership and impact. This role reports to the project Director of Design.
Experience: The ideal candidate is likely a systems design generalist with a range of mobile-focused midcore and casual experience in the following specific subsets of design:
- Narrative systems and narrative writing
- Hero collector content design such as heroes, levels, dungeons, battles
- F2P monetization
- Metagame design
- Game economy and progression
- Combat systems
- Social play and features such as PVP and guilds
- Event/liveops design
- Quest design
- Goals ? Concept ? Define ? Collaborate ? Test ? Balance ? Iterate
- Create goal-driven one page system designs that enable peer alignment, quick feedback and iteration cycles, and leadership-level approval.
- Translate one-page designs into implementation-level detail to support collaborative cross discipline development with a focus on lean, elegant feature sets
- Understand and internalize the target customer(s), designing with their needs and satisfaction in mind
- Determine content scope and pacing models that strike the right balance of sustainability and support for a healthy F2P business
- Contribute to roadmap planning by identifying and pitching new game systems, content, and feature improvements
- Collaborate with IP holders to ensure brand integrity.
- Partner with a cross-functional team of producers, designers, artists and engineers to prototype, implement, and iterate on features that will delight our players and further the overall creative vision of the product.
- Provide incisive and actionable peer feedback with an eye toward fulfilling player needs, business goals, and getting the most bang for our buck out of development time